Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wish I'd had this years ago!

Right now my children are drawing. It's a free afternoon, and they are choosing to draw. This is unusual, but I can credit it to a brilliant move my mom made recently by sending an old drawing book I had as a kid. It's called Ed Emberley's Drawing Book of Animals, and they love it. For the first time, they are drawing with confidence and enjoying it. Granted, these are cartoon looking animals, but if I'd had this book years ago, they might be further on at this point in their skills. Certainly in their enjoyment of drawing! I just scanned Amazon and put several more of his books on my wish list. If you're looking for a good beginning drawing book, this is it! Thanks mom!

2 comments:

Nonna said...

I'm glad the kids are enjoying that book! Did I also send the thumb print one of his?

Gina Marie said...

You have the thumbprint one? Sweet! No you didn't send it, but I think they'd like it. I just put a bunch of his books on our wishlist at Amazon.