Saturday, May 3, 2008

As if I needed another thing to do . . .

Being a homeschool mom, my time is limited. And yet, I still find time to waste. And time to start another blog. I amaze even myself.

So why AM I starting another blog? Well, aside from the fact that I love writing more than anything, I just felt a moment of inspiration to make a blog where I share solely about our homeschool experience, which I often term in my mind "The Grand Experiment." Homeschooling my kids is something that sort of happened to me by virtue of our circumstances, rather than because I possessed deep convictions about the superiority of homeschool. It is probably the most daring thing I've ever attempted. It has been intriguing, challenging, frustrating, terrifying, and at times quite satisfying. And in the process I've learned a lot about myself, my kids, how to homeschool, and how not to homeschool.

So this blog is partly educational, partly therapeutic. Hopefully with a dash of entertainment.

1 comment:

Ken said...

Brilliant writing, Gina. As if you needed another 1000 words to write. Your blog is fantastic. Thanks for investing. Reminds me of a powerfully spiritual conversation that four of us had in a hotel room in Singapore a few years ago....