Sunday, August 31, 2008

If I didn't have these . . .

Last week the printer ink in my homeschool printer went berserk and decided that though it was full, it wanted to say it was empty. Of course this happened while Erik was gone, in keeping with Murphy's Law which operates more strongly when he is away.

It killed me. I can't tell you how many things I wanted to print or photocopy (this was compounded by the fact that the other printer's ink really WAS out). It got me thinking about all the things that I depend on to do homeschool. I made a list this morning, in case any newbie homeschoolers are out there wondering, "What supplies should I have in my homeschool room?" Here's what I can't live without:

1. Photocopier - what did I do before this? I use it almost every day
2. Paper cutter - a big one
3. Giant white board
4. 3 hole punch (yes, though I live in the land of 2 hole punch, I will not submit. I bring 3 ring binders from the States. They just work so much better).
5. A really good pencil sharpener. And a back up in case I can't find the first one.
6. Laminator - I want a bigger one!
7. good art supplies - I've stopped thinking about how much they cost and just get them because they're worth it. Of course as much as I can I still get them in the U.S. where they are a fraction of the cost.

Who said homeschooling was cheap?

2 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

Homeschooling isn't cheap... but then again, neither is public school [smile].

Murphy's Law: It's really sad how true it often is.

~Luke

Pajama Mama said...

Thx for stopping by my blog! That was fun!

Singapore!! Wow! I loved your list of things every homeschooler needs. We use the three hole punch ALL the time. And...I need a bigger paper cutter!

My blog layout/design was FREE. Yes, FREE by Cutest Blogs on the Block. I think there's a link on my blog in the top left corner. There are so many cute ones, I had trouble choosing!

Blessings...Jeannie