Friday, August 1, 2008

Gearing Up

I bet you thought I forgot I had another blog didn't you? How could I forget? I've just been storing up the goodness to share with . . . well, whoever's out there.

We've been on summer holiday, which doesn't translate in a country with no seasons. I often have people in public look at my children and ask, "School holiday?" At first I'd tell them we were off for the summer, but it soon became apparent that it was better to say, "Yes, school holiday."

But we've got one more week before we start up again, and I have to say that I am feeling something I haven't felt much before with homeschooling - excitement! It may last all of a week, but for now, I'm excited. I've spent some time over the summer looking through new resource books, looking back through old idea books, and planning out our year. I got some great new materials like nature journals for the kids (we tried those out last week and they LOVED them), and new music and art supplies. I'm also feeling good about this new language arts we started in the spring, which I will have to post about later because it's - well, it's different. I'll leave it at that.

So what color is excitement? Yellow? I'm going with yellow. Color me yellow. I think it's going to be a good year.

" Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. "
-- William Butler Yeats

1 comment:

Behind the Bamboo Curtain said...

Gee! How in the world do you even begin to plan out a whole semester. The intuitive teacher in me is melting right now. Help Me!!!